Ms. Poirier's Class

Norman E. Day School

Happy Summer!

June19

What an  whirlwind end to the school year!  Today, I got a chance to meet my upcoming fourth grade class and my current students got to meet their 5th grade teachers. 

My new 4th graders got to meet me in our classroom (one that will be brand new to me) and ask all the questions they had about 4th grade.  I hope being able to see the space, see their classmates, and meet me will help make their 4th grade transition a smooth one. Like I told the kids today, practice your multiplication facts and read a few great books this summer.  We will be doing a project on our summer reading at the very beginning of the school year…But let’s not get ahead of ourselves!  We all have summer vacation first; Let’s not wish away all the time we have to relax, have fun, and spend time with our families.  This summer, I plan to go to the beach, read a ton of books, and just enjoy spending some stress free time with my family. Make sure you check back around the middle of August.  Around that time I will transition the blog to the new school year, post our welcome letter, ask you what your favorite part of vacation was, and give you a list of a few suggested items you may want to have for 4th grade.   Until then, enjoy your time off!

To my outgoing 4th…and soon-to-be 5th graders: What a year!  We have had great days, not-so-great days, and everything in between. We’ve covered a staggering amount of stuff–sometimes it was fun, sometimes it was just necessary.  But, I hope you leave 4th grade feeling like you are a stronger student than when you came in.  I hope you made some good friends and have great memories of our time together.  I know I certainly do.  As you head to 5th grade, remember to hold the door for each other, read a ton of books, and remember that you CAN do the math…even when you think you can’t.  Come back and visit when you’re 5th graders and make sure to say hello when you see me in the hall next year.  I love you all!

Ms. Poirier

by posted under Uncategorized | 17 Comments »    
17 Comments to

“Happy Summer!”

1. June 20th, 2017 at 11:49 pm      Reply Pranav Says:

Me and Maruthi are both excited to be in your class next school year, also Devesh says hi. 🙂

2. June 21st, 2017 at 8:03 pm      Reply Maruthi Says:

Have a Great Summer!

3. June 21st, 2017 at 8:37 pm      Reply AJ Sageman Says:

Hi! During summer I’m going to 3 camps; soccer camp next week, empow camp after that, and cub scout camp in late August. I might also go to Michigan to visit relatives. For the rest of summer, I don’t know. See you in August!

• June 22nd, 2017 at 4:16 pm      Reply Ms. Poirier Says:

It sounds like you have all kinds of things planned! In my house we have a few camps too, but I will just be driving the kids to them…basketball, baseball, and soccer camps. What is empow? Have a wonderful summer! Be sure to get outside and play. It is SO nice out!

• June 22nd, 2017 at 5:37 pm      Reply AJ Sageman Says:

Empow camp is a camp where you do stuff like design video games, make mini movies, and build Lego EV3 robots.

4. August 18th, 2017 at 1:42 am      Reply Eesha Gowda Says:

Hi Ms. Porier, I’ve been having a great summer. I’m so excited to start 4th grade.

5. August 29th, 2017 at 11:20 am      Reply Adi Says:

Summer passed by so quickly. Can’t wait for starting the first day of school!

6. September 11th, 2017 at 10:41 am      Reply ERIN CASSIDY Says:

today is my b day !

7. September 12th, 2017 at 7:44 pm      Reply ERIN CASSIDY Says:

today i did the on line math logs i love them!

8. September 13th, 2017 at 11:38 am      Reply ERIN CASSIDY Says:

THANK YOU

Email will not be published

Website example

Your Comment:

Skip to toolbar