Ms. Poirier's Class

Norman E. Day School

Happy Summer!

June19

What an exciting end to school!  I am so happy that I got to meet all of my upcoming fourth graders!  Such a smiling, positive group; It makes me look forward to the next school year.  Already I have so many ideas and plans for fun projects and activities.  I hope you found some familiar faces when we met, but if not, have no fear!  We will get to know each other and build an awesome community when we come back together in late August.  And the classroom will certainly look different 😉  Fourth grade is going to be a fun and busy year. We study the whole United States, Energy, Plants and Animals, and our Changing Earth.  We will also tackle large multiplication, division, lots of geometry, and fractions.  We will write all kinds of stories and read so many great books.  If you are wondering how to be best prepared for fourth grade, make sure you read this summer…at least a couple of books!  I find that reading on the beach or in the shade on my back patio is best for me.  You can also practice your multiplication facts; you will need to know these for EVERYTHING we do in math.  Knowing them ahead of time will give you a huge advantage!  Now that we got the business out of the way…

Don’t forget…It’s summer vacation! 

Let’s not wish away all the time we have to relax, have fun, and spend time with our families.  This summer, I plan to go to the beach, read a ton of books, and just enjoy spending some stress free time with my family.  I hope we can make it up to our family lake house in Barrington, NH, too.  I always feel like I am on vacation when I am at the lake house.  What are you doing this summer?  Vacations? Camps?  Playdates?  Just relaxing?  Let me know in the comments below!  I will jump online and reply back when I can.

The view from our deck in Barrington

Make sure you check back around the middle of August.  Around that time I will post our welcome letter, ask you what your favorite part of vacation was, and give you a list of a few suggested items you may want to have for 4th grade.   Until then, enjoy your time off!

Parents: Hello! Most of my communication will be done via email and this blog.  Please bookmark this page.  Also, I’d appreciate it you’d like to click here and give me your contact information. I will send a quick email every time I post on the blog or with specific announcements.  On this form, you can also tell me a bit about your fourth grader, if you’d like.  Filling this out now means less to fill out in September 😉  Feel free to also post comments or ask general questions on the blog too; I will check in periodically to make sure I am responding in a reasonable amount of time. Please be patient because during the summer, it won’t be every day.  I look forward to hearing from all of you!

by posted under Uncategorized | 10 Comments »    
10 Comments to

“Happy Summer!”

1. June 20th, 2017 at 11:49 pm      Reply Pranav Says:

Me and Maruthi are both excited to be in your class next school year, also Devesh says hi. 🙂

2. June 21st, 2017 at 8:03 pm      Reply Maruthi Says:

Have a Great Summer!

3. June 21st, 2017 at 8:37 pm      Reply AJ Sageman Says:

Hi! During summer I’m going to 3 camps; soccer camp next week, empow camp after that, and cub scout camp in late August. I might also go to Michigan to visit relatives. For the rest of summer, I don’t know. See you in August!

• June 22nd, 2017 at 4:16 pm      Reply Ms. Poirier Says:

It sounds like you have all kinds of things planned! In my house we have a few camps too, but I will just be driving the kids to them…basketball, baseball, and soccer camps. What is empow? Have a wonderful summer! Be sure to get outside and play. It is SO nice out!

• June 22nd, 2017 at 5:37 pm      Reply AJ Sageman Says:

Empow camp is a camp where you do stuff like design video games, make mini movies, and build Lego EV3 robots.

Email will not be published

Website example

Your Comment:

Skip to toolbar