Ms. Poirier's Class

Norman E. Day School

We’re Gearing Up!

August16

The clock is winding down on summer and we are gearing up for the new school year! I have been setting up the class and starting to plan out our first few weeks together.  While I am going to enjoy every moment left of summer, I am really looking forward to the new school year.  New things and great changes are happening around the Day School to strengthen the school community and kick off the new year.  Our classroom has a fresh coat of paint and looks fantastic! Our “home away from home,” is shaping up!

I have purchased and collected nearly everything we will need to get us through the school year.  There isn’t anything you need to buy!  My one suggestion would be to grab a pair of ear buds or headphones.  We will be using the audio station in reading and most kids find it preferable to have their own set.  I do have classroom headsets available for use but many find it more sanitary to have their own.  This is entirely up to you.  You will not need these during the first few days of school.

During the first few days, I cannot wait to hear about your summers! I spent a whole lot of time at our family’s lake home in Barrington, NH, went hiking a few times, enjoyed the beach, visited Canobie, and got to see my friends a whole lot! My favorite thing, though, was all of the unscheduled, relaxed time I got to spend with my children. I am going to bring in a few pictures to share and I hope you will do the same.  Please bring in at least one picture of you doing something, with someone, or at a place you’d like to share with your class.  We will all have time to share during the first few days of school.

Finally, please let your mom or dad know to fill out the parent contact form.  A few completed this in June and do not need to resubmit.  Getting this done here means less paperwork in September!

Have a wonderful few weeks!  Enjoy the weather, make memories, and rest up!  I can’t wait to meet a few of you and see the rest of you again.  We are going to have an awesome year!

by posted under Uncategorized | No Comments »    

Email will not be published

Website example

Your Comment:

Skip to toolbar