Ms. Poirier's Class

Norman E. Day School

Math Logs

September12

Today, the students were introduced to daily math logs.  Each child must answer 50 multiplication (or division) facts each evening Monday through Thursday.  Thus, the will review 200 facts per week.  These facts are to be practiced to increase accuracy and speed in recall.  Improving their fluency and accuracy in these will help them immensely throughout the entire math curriculum.  Math logs can be completed in 2 ways:  online or on paper.

Online Math Logs – Students should log into mathfactspro.com (link is always on our home page) and sign in with the sign in information they were given in school today.  The sign in credentials are to be kept in the binder (currently bound in a page protector).  Once signed in, students will be prompted to complete facts until they have 50 correct.  This is my preferrred option as the program will constantly challenge the kids and keeps their forward momentum going…no one will plateau.  Also, when a student masters 169 multiplication and 169 division facts, they may actually be done with fact logs!

Paper Math Logs – A copied packet of math logs will be available to those choosing this option.  Students will get a new packet each week.  A page a day is to be completed (50 problems).  Parents should check for accuracy and sign off on the daily log.  The packest will get progressively more difficult and will eventually be switched to division.  Students should time themselves and work to “beat the time,” each session.  Please note that all students completed 1 session of online facts in class today, thus, my “paper log folks” must only hand in 3 of the pages completed on Friday.

Email me with questions!

by posted under Uncategorized | 5 Comments »    
5 Comments to

“Math Logs”

1. September 13th, 2017 at 12:23 am      Reply Adi Says:

I like the new math log website, it’s fun and fast.

2. September 13th, 2017 at 4:46 pm      Reply Musab Says:

Thanks Ms. Poirier! That will help children master those facts
    I think you have the wrong link. Did you mean mathfactspro.com?

3. September 25th, 2017 at 8:56 pm      Reply Molly Says:

I love the new website! Its really showing me to memorize the facts so I can do them faster.

Email will not be published

Website example

Your Comment:

Skip to toolbar