Ms. Poirier's Class

Norman E. Day School

November Update

November15

The Earth’s Changing Surface unit exam was announced today.  The kids received a checklist to help them target their studying.  The test will be on Wednesday, November 29.  Throughout the unit, students have been putting notes into their science notebook to support the items on the checklist.  We also have several videos posted to our blog, in the science section to augment the learning done in class.  Please encourage your children to come to me with questions or concerns regarding the science test.

Unit 2 math exams went home for signature today.  Please review the test with your son or daughter.  We talked today about learning from our mistakes so I am hoping they are able articulate where they may have gone wrong.  If they can do this, mistakes made take on immense value! 

The Book Fair is on Friday.  If your child will be purchasing items, they can certainly bring in cash or check.  Checks can be made out to Scholastic.  You may leave the amount blank, but write, in the note section, “Do not exceed $?.”  Please make sure that cash or check is in a bag or envelope labeled with your child’s name.  It is very difficult to place the $10 bill found on the hall floor with its rightful owner!

Next Wednesday, the fourth graders will be taking part in the Turkey Trot relay races! As part of this very silly, fun event, Mrs. Claycomb is asking that each child who is able bring a non-perishable food item to donate to the food drive.  Additionally, we have been challenged by Mr. Fligg and Mrs. Braga’s classes; they insist that they can bring in more food than our class and the other 4th grade classes.  As a team, we are working to prove them wrong!

I have received a few of the blue conference note forms back.  These are certainly optional but if you would like me to have advance notice of items you wish to address in our conference, please return the paper by Friday.

I think that is all for now…Phew!

by posted under Uncategorized | 1 Comment »    
One Comment to

“November Update”

1. November 15th, 2017 at 10:33 pm      Reply Erin Cassidy Says:

I can’t wait for the test!

Email will not be published

Website example

Your Comment:

Skip to toolbar